What’s not permitted
- Drugs and or alcohol, BBJE does not permit the operating of any vehicles to any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If we suspect you of being under the influence we will cancel your tour and NO refund will be issued.
- Bad Attitude! At BBJE we enjoy having fun! We ask that anyone with a bad attitude choose another activity.
- No smoking in the vehicles (smoking is available at any stopping of the trail outside of the vehicle)
- Large coolers
- Weapons of any kind
- Children’s minimum age is 18 months. Parental supervision a must! If you do not have a car seat please *inform us ahead of time, so that we may provide one for you.
- Open year round, seven days a week (weather and availability permitting)
- Reservations recommended.
- Big Bear Jeep Experience reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel any tour due to weather or unsafe conditions, including driver ability or vehicle mechanical issues.
- Prices are per Jeep and do not include GUIDE GRATUITY!
- Tour availability and prices subject to change without notice.
- Tour size minimum: 1 Vehicles
- Cancellation policy: No refund will be given for less than 24 hour notice.
- Full refund given if Big Bear Jeep Experience cancels your tour, before it starts.
What times do your tours depart?
Our tours can start any time of day. Please call to choose appointment your time.
What is the minimum age for children on your tours?
The minimum age on our tours is 1½ years old with parental supervision.
What is your cancellation policy?
We have a 100% cancellation charge for less than 24 hours notice. There is no cancellation charge with more than 24 hours notice.
What should we bring/wear?
We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and outdoor clothing. Sunscreen and hats are recommended. Remember to bring your camera and film.
Are your vehicles air-conditioned?
Our jeeps are air-conditioned; there are times of the year that we will ride with the hard tops off.
Is there any hiking on your tours?
There are some areas that we will be able to walk and hike up some trails.
What happens if it rains?
Our tours operate rain or shine. The guide will determine if the weather is too severe to cancel the trip. Big Bear, being located in the San Bernardino Mountains has several different microclimates. If it does rain on our tour it is usually short lived. The rainfall offers a chance for rainbows and waterfalls providing spectacular photo opportunities.
Is it customary to tip the tour guide and if so, how much?
Yes, it is customary to tip your guide. The usual gratuity is 15-20%. We can add the gratuity to your charge card or you can tip your guide directly.
How many people do your vehicles hold?
Our Jeeps hold a maximum of 4-5 passengers depending on the size of the passengers.
Can we bring our lunch and eat in the vehicle?
You can bring snacks on your trip. You will be able to eat on the trail at one of our stops. We will also provide snacks and beverages that you can enjoy during the stops.
Can we split the payments between more than one person?
We can split payments any way you prefer.
Will there be other people in the vehicle with me?
You or your party are the only people that will be in the vehicle. Unless another vehicle in the tour group breaks down and we have to transport passengers back.